Saturday, August 21, 2021

Regimento de Toledo

Regimento de Toledo

I was inspired to return to painting my Spanish after purchasing a few sets of the HaT Peninsular War sample sets. These sets give one sprue each from their light infantry, grenadier, fusilier and command sets and allowed me to add grenadiers to a few of my units still lacking them. 
With the fusiliers I decided to add another line regiment to my Spanish army and settled on the Regimento de Toledo. I wasn’t able to find reference for the grenadiers bearskin banner so went with one of my own creation, following the pattern of others with the civic coat of arms at the top and the banner executed in the facing colour. I used my home made decal process to create these, which you can find here.
The civic crest for Toledo that I based my grenadiers' banners on.
















4 comments:

  1. Splendid work! Your grenadier bags are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work on these cheaper soft plastic figures is very impressive and shows what we could all have achieved if we had made the effort back in the seventies and not moved on to metal! I have always thought some of the later Airfix stuff was beautiful sculpting and if they had only been produced in decent hard plastic, a lot more people might have stuck with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I stopped collecting for about twenty years so totally missed the move to metal. It would be nice if more of the soft plastic was in hard plastic, but on the upside, nothing breaks off!! I confess to being a committed plastic head.

      Delete