Friday, June 10, 2022

Voluntarios de Sevilla - mixing it up

 

A few months ago I posted my Voluntarios de Sevilla, a militia unit raised in Spain in 1808. They began life as the HaT Austrian Landwehr but their top hats and uniform cut matched the Voluntarios de Sevilla well. At the time of my last posting I mused that they looked a bit too regular for militia and thought that I might mix them up a bit with some less well-dressed figures in the future.

So here are the results of those additions, taking the Landwehr figures again, liberating some heads and swapping in some hats from the HaT Spanish Guerilla set. I also put a few in long pants and others in peasant pants and sandals rather than boots and gaters, just to give them that cobbled together feel of Spanish infantry at this point in the war.

Here is the full complement of new stands. I left about half of these unaltered so that when I mixed these stands with the first regiment they would integrate well.


Again, I converted one figure (a marching figure this time) to a standard bearer. I think the captain received epaulettes, the gaiters back left converted easily to sandals through the paint job, and the drummer got a pair of long baggy pants.


Again, a mixed bag, two head swaps and a new pair of striped trousers.

The figure on the right even gets a patch!


And here are a couple of photos of both regiments (or one huge regiment - some of the Spanish militia units were massive!) with the new stands mixed in with the older, more uniform stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment